Thursday, September 5, 2013

V/A - Waasa EP


I love compilations - especially ones with exclusive tracks by elusive bands. This particular comp comes from Finland and features three excellent, underrated bands. AKK is full throttle and angry Finnish-styled hardcore with punchy drumming and choruses that hit home instantly. TREBLINKA is one of my all-time favorites, and deliver two amazing hc punk songs with urgent yells and their melodic-yet-charging guitar riffs. VIHAN LAPSET have a slightly more metal feel - when I say metal I'm talking more on the 80's glam side, keeping it more palatable for the punks than the bangers. Anyway, both of their tracks will stick in my head for days. All in all, a truly solid and rare comp that not enough of you will download and blare at full volume while tweeting or facebooking or doing whatever it is you do on the internet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment