Sunday, September 22, 2013

MAZHOTT - Punk From Syria EP


Tian An Men 89 records is one of the best and most important punk labels in the history of punk. They've spent the past 20 years travelling the world and connecting with punks in some of the most unsuspecting places and releasing interesting if not astonishing records for them. After a couple years of inactivity, they've just released seven new records featuring punk bands from Morocco, India, Suriname, Guyana, Transnistria, Pakistan, Lebanon, and today's post - Syria! MAZHOTT's offering is the best of the bunch in my opinion. Driving and catchy punk with some excellent songwriting and charming guitar leads. Unfortunately there's not much info about the band or its members, but I found this live video and cannot imagine concerts like this happening in a country in a tumultuous civil war. I want to know more. As for the tracks here - "Mazhott" is basically a perfect punk song, but I'm gonna have to choose the live cut of "Sai'een" as my favorite. Punk from Syria - come the fuck on y'all, you have to check this out. Awesome.

3 comments:

  1. Cool, but the mediafire assholes won't let me down it! Have you considered Zippyshare? Gonna check that Tian An Men records out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do use Zippyshare sometimes...but I'm not having any problems downloading it...but I can just upload it to Zippyshare later and provide and alternate link. Hopefully that will work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Paraguay comp. this label did is great.

    ReplyDelete