Saturday, April 27, 2013

MY EDEN DIES - S/T EP


Here's an nice melancholic German punk EP to brood to on a Saturday morning, before the sun comes in to burn off the fog (though I confess, the sun appeared before I could finish this post). I've been listening to a lot of this kind of signature dark German punk lately - mmmm, why does this somber stuff feel so good?? MY EDEN DIES only did this one EP, as far as I can tell, and then became SERENE FALL. On these three tracks they manage to hypnotize with low and droning vocals and repetitive guitar dirges, never failing to pull me into a spellbound state. The third track, "Maria," picks up the pace while retaining the same dispirited tone, making it the standout track. File with FLIEHENDE STURME, EA 80, BOXHAMSTERS, DIE STRAFE, and the like.



Oh, and this one was plucked out of the dollar (or, euro) bin at the Zorro squat record store along with the previously posted FLIEHENDE STURME single, and a few other goodies that I may post in the future (excluding the CROSSED OUT/MAN IS THE BASTARD split). 

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of my favourite german bands, you know why???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Eden Dies aka Serene Fall is a side-projekt of my favourite german Punk band EA80. The singer here plays Guitar there, Drummer Nico is the also present, all guys are beautiful and if I can I travel to their gigs. You can read more here: http://www.serenefall.de/index.html
      EA80: http://www.ea80.net/index2.php

      or music in my Blog, go for it..
      Aloha!!!

      Delete
  3. Ah yes, I suspected this band shared members with EA80 by the sound. I've heard some songs by SERENE FALL, but don't know much about it- thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and if you're lookinG for more rare and live and other stuff from S.F. you know what to do ;)

      Cheers!

      Delete