Friday, April 19, 2013

FLITOX - N° 1 EP


I admit I don't know much about this French punk band, but this is a great EP. Apparently they had folks from SHERWOOD, and this record features more than a touch of the more interesting side of the French Oi sound, but executed at a speedier pace. Memorable melodies, catchy choruses, and plenty of fist pumping vocal hooks. This is a total killer! Their following LP from 1987 carries some of the same elements, but enters more into the hardcore/thrash realm. 




3 comments:

  1. fine record here and i'm pretty impressed. Never heard of this band. I don't know if you know it but the recordings are in mono, the same goes for the So Much Hate LP.
    May all of your posts so???? I prefer stereo, you sure too and maybe you can fix it for this EP???
    Thanks in advance!
    b.t.w. cool Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the EP! It seems a bit underrated to me.
    the digital transfers may all be in mono because of my setup? No one's ever commented on that before, but you're probably right. I don't have very good equipment, just my stereo hooked up to a cheap laptop! And I use the audacity program to make the files. I'm pretty technologically challenged, but I'll mess around with it when I have time and see if I can figure out how to transfer it in stereo.
    Thanks for pointing it out! And I've been enjoying your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you'll see the users don't give a shit, all consumers.haben-haben-haben you know.
      I recommend WaveLab, works fine for me, I use audcity too for a short time but this shit fucked me really up so I threw it away. If you want I can send you the programm, leave me a message,
      cheers!!!!

      Delete