Sunday, June 2, 2013

GRAZHDANSKAYA OBORONA - Игра В Бисер Перед Свиньями


Here's another album from the Russian punk legends GRAZHDANSKAYA OBORONA. It is their sixth album, and the title translates to "In the Game Pearls Before Swine." This album employs an acoustic guitar and is devoid of driving punky drums, landing it closer to the folk end of the spectrum. The tunes are still great though, and I'd recommend it just as highly to any GROB fan as much as I would "Necrophilia" or "Optimizm." Such an incredible band!



1 comment:

  1. Love these guys - I have 4 or 5 of the CD reissues of tapes they did (Optimizm, Necrophilia, etc.). I think they actually had some vinyl, too, but it was more greatest hits type of collections. I can't imagine running across their stuff in the Soviet Union of the 1980s - it would have been mindblowing.

    ReplyDelete