Saturday, February 15, 2014

KSU LP


Years ago a friend/co-worker of mine had this LP on a tape at the kitchen we worked at. I knew the cover of the record just from being such a rabid international punk information-seeker, and I recall asking him if it was any good, to which he replied, "yeah it's great!" I think we played it during a busy dinner rush or something and I don't remember being able to pay much attention at the time. Over the years it's been floating somewhere on my hypothetical want-list, but I just never really saw a copy for sale. Discogs sure has been quite a useful resource the last couple years, not only for information but for helping us track down those wild card records that probably mostly exist on another continent, all the while being able to avoid the deplorable Ebay. Discogs reminded me about this album, and, just like most modern online marketplaces, made it very easy for me to instantly purchase a copy without thinking about it for longer than 3 seconds. The result was definitely favorable. This is a solid LP of great Polish punk with a warm and full recording, passionate delivery, and variety of punk sounds. Not too hardcore, no metal, no reggae, no thrash - just catchy and driving punk (I know the cover makes it look like an Oi band or something, but it's not!)


1 comment:

  1. Amazingly good record, not in vain I've taken a song for my selfmade sampler. Aggressive and great sound! Polish Punk rules, thanks friend!!

    ReplyDelete