Saturday, October 26, 2013

HEYOKA - s/t EP


I recently learned of this French anarcho band from my new pal Craig when I was in Seattle earlier this year. We were talking punk bands and found we had a lot of common taste, and he played me their LP from '96 and I thought it was great, so I made a mental note to seek out their stuff when I got home. No luck finding a copy of that LP yet, but I did manage to score this magnificent 7" from '92. Horrible cover-art, amazing melodic female-fronted punk. Not unlike POST REGIMENT and LA FRACTION, the vocalist really carries the whole thing while the rest of the band creates a driving melodic sound-scape. 4 songs, all hits, and I just keep flipping this thing over and over again! 


1 comment:

  1. try this link for the lp
    http://ya-cant-go-home.blogspot.com/2008/04/heyoka-demain-sera-1999.html

    ReplyDelete